Updates from Amigo
April 14, 2021
- Amigo Centre is looking for their next Executive Director. This full-time position is responsible for the oversight of all programming, administration and maintenance of Amigo, offering strategic vision toward the future. This position also includes publicly representing Amigo Centre and finding various ways to strengthen support for Amigo within its diverse constituency. Qualified applicants will demonstrate strong leadership skills of leading and managing an organization. They will have a passion for transformative faith experiences and a gift for working with people, including excellent communication skills. Letters of interest and resumes can be sent to email@example.com. Join us in praying for Amigo and the search process as we discern a new Executive Director.
- Our next Full Moon Campfire event is scheduled for April 25 and 26. Call to make your reservations! Why not make it a weekend family getaway! On April 24 we are offering two classes: Wild Edible Hike from 10 am – noon and Bow Drill Fire Building from 1-3 pm. Special family room rates of $75 a night are still available through April. Call to reserve your place.
- RETREAT TO AMIGO: If you are looking for a way to get out of the house and have a safe place to stay, consider coming to Amigo! By using the Retreat Center and West Shore Lodge we have created six small designated suites to limit contact with people outside of your group. Meals and staff led activities available, and limited access to the Activity Center. When’s the last time you just sat and listened to the birds, Sandhill cranes and geese communicating around a lake… or watched the chipmunks and squirrels play… it’s very entertaining! Bring your family and we will provide the space for you to relax and play. Call 269-651-2811 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amigo Park is taking reservations for summer 2021 (mid-May to mid-October). We look forward to a more normal summer at the Park, including the availability of the bathhouse. Call or email to inquire about availability soon. Phone: 269-651-2734 or email: email@example.com
- NEW DATE: Schoolgirl Sampler Quilt Workshop…scheduled for a small group of quilters (two groups of five maximum) is scheduled for May 13-16, 2021, at Amigo. Led by Janis Nelson and Marie Troyer. Register through Mandy Yoder at Mandy@amigocentre.org. Check our web site under Adult Programs, Scrapbooking retreats for more details: https://www.amigocentre.org/scrap-craft–quilt-retreat.html There is a specific brochure for this event. Call or email with questions.
Attention Bird Lovers – Mark your calendars for May 7-9. Amigo Centre will be hosting Birds of a Feather… Gather Together. This weekend retreat is for the birds. Spend the weekend watching, photographing, learning, talking and being surrounded by God’s Creation. We’ll spend time on the pontoons, in the canoes and on traipsing on foot all around Amigo Centre to see which of our feathered friends are here.
- SAVE THE DATE! 24th Annual Amigo Centre Golf Scramble will be June 5, 2021 at 8 am. Registration to come soon. If you are interested in joining and want registration information feel free to contact Amigo Centre at 269-651-2811 to have your name added to the list.
- Summer 2021 Day Camp registration is open as well as Family Camp (new this year)! Check our web page for additional information. Let us know if you or someone you know is interested in working as a counselor or providing leadership to our programming. Contactcolton@amigocentre.org for more information.
- Scrapbooking, Crafting and Sewing retreat update: we are currently only able to accommodate small groups. Instead of our normal large gatherings, the scheduled dates are limited due to providing all participants with a single room. We set groups of friends up in smaller areas to work (masks are still required inside). Dates outside our already scheduled retreats are possible! Call for availability – 269-651-2811.
- Amigo Bike Michiana scheduled for October 8-10, 2021. Our speaker will be Dr. Sibonokuhle Ncube, founding Executive Director/National Coordinator of the Brethren in Christ Compassionate and Development Services in Zimbabwe, currently studying at AMBS. In fall of 2018, Dr. Ncube was part of a Global South Voice Speaking Tour of the Great Lakes region, co-sponsored by MCC and the Center for Sustainable Climate Solutions. Here’s a story about our project: https://mcc.org/stories/addressing-conflict-caused-limited-resource Visit our web site for registration and additional information.