Updates from Amigo Centre
August 10, 2021
- Amigo Centre is looking for their next Executive Director. Qualified applicants will have a passion for transformative faith experiences, demonstrate leadership gifts and love working with people. Amigo Centre is a Mennonite camp and retreat center located in Sturgis MI, about 50 minutes from Goshen IN. Letters of interest and resumes can be sent to email@example.com. A job description can be found at amigocentre.org/employment.
- We continue to celebrate 50 years of Outdoor Environmental Education at Amigo. Check our website for additional details for ways you can come celebrate with us this summer! https://www.amigocentre.org/oee-50th-anniversary-calendar-of-events.html
- Scrapbooking, Crafting and Sewing Retreats, scheduled for September 24-27 and December 2-8, 2021, are still on, but we have limited the capacity until closer to the date to know what the impact of the pandemic restrictions are. In addition, as we have cancellations of large groups, we can hold smaller groups at additional times. Watch for more information on our Facebook page, web site, or by email if you are signed up to receive notifications. Thank you for your patience! Contact Mandy@amigocentre.org if you have questions.
- Amigo Bike Michiana scheduled for October 8-10, 2021. Our speaker will be Dr. Sibonokuhle Ncube, founding Executive Director/National Coordinator of the Brethren in Christ Compassionate and Development Services in Zimbabwe, currently studying at AMBS. In fall of 2018, Dr. Ncube was part of a Global South Voice Speaking Tour of the Great Lakes region, co-sponsored by MCC and the Center for Sustainable Climate Solutions. Here’s a story about our project: https://mcc.org/stories/addressing-conflict-caused-limited-resource. Visit our web site for registration and additional information.
- Save the Date: Amigo Women and Girls Retreat is scheduled for March 18-20, 2021. Speaker is Leandrea Lange from New Foundation United in Christ Fellowship, Elkhart, Indiana. Additional information will be coming soon.
- Transitional ministry has a unique place in the mission of the church. While “interim pastors” have provided preaching and pastoral care for many years, “transitional ministry” involves training to lead congregations through a process of preparation for entering a new chapter of leadership. October 18-20, 2021, Amigo Centre will host a Transitional Ministry Training retreat for individuals interested in pursuing this type of ministry. Visit http://tmt.amigocentre.org/ for additional information, or contact Amigo Centre at 269.651.2811.