Updates from Amigo
December 9, 2020
- RETREAT TO AMIGO: If you are looking for a way to get out of the house and have a safe place to stay, consider coming to Amigo! By using the Retreat Center and West Shore Lodge we have created six small designated suites to limit contact with people outside of your group. Meals and staff led activities available, and limited access to the Activity Center. When’s the last time you just sat and listened to the birds, Sandhill cranes and geese communicating around a lake… or watched the chipmunks and squirrels play… it’s very entertaining! Bring your family and we will provide the space for you to relax and play. Call 269-651-2811 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 has been a year full of challenges….bring the year to a close with a memory making evening December 28-31 at Amigo Centre:
- come reflect with your family around a campfire
- share with one another about the hard spaces you have navigated
- toss sticks in the fire to represent the difficult things to let go of as 2020 draws to an end
- reflect with each other on the blessings you’ve experienced in 2020
- celebrate with some hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies from Amigo.
- as the moon rises, share your hopes and dreams for 2021.
- Reserve your spot by calling 269-651-2811 or email email@example.com
- April 12, 19, 26, 2020, an online Transitional Ministry Training will be held for individuals interested in pursuing this type of ministry. Transitional ministry offers a unique gift in a congregation’s life. Whether a change in pastor comes because of conflict, retirement, shrinking numbers and weariness, or questions of congregational viability, transitional ministry walks alongside a congregation while it answers questions of mission, courage and transformation. Visit tmt.amigocentre.org for additional information, or contact Amigo Centre at 269.651.2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAVE THE DATE! 23nd Annual Camper Scholarship Amigo Centre Golf Scramble will be June 5, 2021 at 8 am. Registration to come soon. If you are interested in joining and want registration information feel free to contact Amigo Centre at 269-651-2811 to have your name added to the list.
- Summer Camp 2021 registration is open! Also, if you’re 18 or older we have started our summer staff recruiting. Let us know if you’re interested in working as a counselor or providing leadership to our programming. Contact email@example.com more information.
- Scrapbooking, Crafting and Sewing retreat update: we are currently only able to accommodate small groups. Instead of our normal large gatherings, the scheduled dates are limited due to providing all participants with a single room. We set groups of friends up in smaller areas to work (masks are still required inside). Dates outside our already scheduled retreats are possible! Call for availability – 269-651-2811.
- Amigo Bike Michiana scheduled for October 8-10, 2021. Our speaker will be Dr. Sibonokuhle Ncube, founding Executive Director/National Coordinator of the Brethren in Christ Compassionate and Development Services in Zimbabwe, currently studying at AMBS. In fall of 2018, Dr. Ncube was part of a Global South Voice Speaking Tour of the Great Lakes region, co-sponsored by MCC and the Center for Sustainable Climate Solutions. Here’s a story about our project: https://mcc.org/stories/addressing-conflict-caused-limited-resource Visit our web site for registration and additional information.
Amigo Programming Updates
- Women and Girls’ Retreat –March 19-21, 2021 has been cancelled. We have plans in process for a new date in 2022.