Financial Wellness Resourcesfor Pastors of Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference
Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference and Everence co-hosted a Pastoral Financial Wellness Seminar in January 2023. As a follow-up to this event, we have created a page with helpful information for pastors from our friends at Everence. Contact information for the Everence personnel is at the bottom of this page if you have follow-up questions.
Here are a few resources that may be helpful for you:
- Everence webinars on Clergy Taxes; includes link to Minister’s Tax and Financial Guide (free download) as well as FAQ’s about Housing Allowance.
- Minister’s Audit Technique Guide for those who really love to dig into the details.
- Financial Choice brochures are attached. They are a phone budgeting ministry that is completely free to anyone connected to the Mennonite Church.
- Here is a link to our Church Finance Manual that has tools for helping with everything from who should be on your church stewardship team, to budgeting to financial policies.
Someone wondered “What is an accountable plan?”
- IRS resource describing an accountable plan.
- Legal Zoom’s version of accountable plans that I found a bit easier to understand.
Some links that were mentioned during the meeting:
- To determine how much life insurance you might need, Kent mentioned Lifehappens.org. There are Spanish resources on this site.
- App that easily tracks receipts, it has a free version. ForReceipt.com
- Budgeting app that is very popular and free: Mint.com
- Budgeting app that is popular but has a fee: YNAB (it stands for You Need A Budget)
Contact Information for Everence Personnel: