Intersectionality of Gun Violence
Mennonite Church USA is offering a free webinar in the Learn. Pray. Join series of End Gun Violence. IMMC’s own Katie Misz and Jon-Erik Misz (Waterford Mennonite Church, Goshen) are part of this virtual panel with Sue Park-Hur, Jonny Rashid, and hosted by Lorraine Stutzman.
Advent at Home 2023
Mennonite Education Agency (MEA) announces the upcoming publication of Advent at Home 2023 Taken from Leader magazine s Advent theme, How will we know? This worship guide accompanies individuals and families through the days and weeks of Advent through Epiphany with scriptures, prayers, worship rituals, suggested activities , and contextual information. The guide is expected to be available around November 13 for free download in English and Spanish from the MEA website at www.mennoniteeducation.org/resources/advent-at-home/home/
- North Goshen Mennonite Church is seeking a part-time administrative assistant. Hourly wage starts at $17.50. The position requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills, strong verbal and writing skills, the ability to learn to use various communication tools including social media, and a willingness to support the mission of NGMC along with a high regard for confidentiality and privacy concerns. Spanish language competency a plus. 10-15 hours per week. Contact Michael Yeakey if you are interested or know someone who may be.
- Assembly Mennonite Church in Goshen, Indiana, is seeking a 0.6FTE Pastor of Child, Youth, and Adult Faith Formation, to be part of a four-person pastoral team. Key responsibilities include 1) serving as pastor to the children and youth, 2) giving leadership to adult faith formation through small groups and options for adults during the education hour, and 3) encouraging spiritual growth and commitment at various milestones and life stages. Please contact Doug Luginbill, Central District Conference pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mennonite Mission Network has several employment opportunities listed on their employment page.
- Mennonite Education Agency lists openings throughout Mennonite-affiliated schools on their employment page.
- Explore pastoral opportunities in Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference and beyond on MC USA’s Pastoral Openings list.
Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference is having our Annual Pastor Gathering on Nov 6-8 at Amigo Centre. If you are a pastor, we hope you’re able to come. If you are not a pastor, we encourage you to nudge those pastors in your life to consider attending.
This year’s Pastor Gathering will be more about retreat and conversation. The theme, “Paths in the Wilderness,” comes from our 2023-24 theme verse, Isaiah 43:19: “Look! I’m doing a new thing; now it sprouts up; don’t you recognize it? I’m making a way in the desert, paths in the wilderness.” We hope that this time of retreat will be a welcomed break but also provide guidance and hope for the way ahead.
Register Now for New Conflict Transformation Workshops
In recent years, many congregational leaders have faced mounting tension and deepening division within their congregations, not to mention their wider communities. This has pastors and laypersons alike asking how exactly to lead in such a time as this and how to respond to the harms they and their people are experiencing.
The Shalom Collaboratory at Eastern Mennonite Seminary is developing new training programs for theologically informed conflict transformation skills.
In these workshops, webinars, and short courses, participants will learn how to implement an adaptive leadership approach to transform conflicts in the creative spirit of Godly imagination, incorporate strategies for trauma awareness and resilience into their congregational practices, or take up other practical approaches to the troubles our congregations now routinely encounter.
Register Today for one of the following workshops: