March 15, 2017
- Twelve people, seven participants and five mentors from IN-MI Conference attended the Journey Weekend Learning Event, February 17-19. Professor Jamie Pitts led the weekend sessions on Anabaptist history and theology. Anyone interested in Journey for fall 2017 can check out www.ambs.edu/journey or call Dan Miller.
- This month we held two of three delegate meetings. Many thanks to Kern Road Mennonite in South Bend, and Shalom Mennonite in Indianapolis for hosting. There were 80 delegates, representing 22 congregations at the South Bend meeting, and 29 delegates representing 14 congregations at the Indianapolis meeting. The last meeting is scheduled for March 25 at New Hope Community Church of Midland (Mich.). Missional Leadership Team continues listening to delegates’ wisdom about Renewing a Vision in these meetings. The current plan is for delegates to vote about Renewing a Vision at Annual Session in June.
- Dan preached at North Main Street Mennonite on February 26, at Kern Road on March 5, and Paoli on March 12. He will preach at New Hope Community Church of Midland on March 26, Holdeman Mennonite April 2 and Sunnyside Mennonite April 9. Dan continues scheduling sermons and Renewing a Vision presentations in May and June as his schedule allows. A video recording has been made of the Renewing a Vision presentation and is available for congregational leaders. It still seems preferable to make “live” presentations to congregations when possible.
- Shannon Dycus, Paula Killough and Dan Miller are attending Constituency Leaders Council this week in Elkhart, Ind. Participants are previewing the Future Church Summit process planned for Mennonite Church USA convention at Orlando this summer. The three days are good opportunities to strengthen relationships between conferences.
- John is hosting a prayer call for Michigan Leaders on March 16.Missional Leadership Team meets April 1.