October 10, 2018
Send a Care Package
Amigo, along with other Mennonite Camping Association members, will be traveling to EMU, Bluffton, Goshen, and Hesston colleges the first two weeks of November. If you have students in these areas and would like to send a care package to them, we would be delighted to deliver them for you! You may take packages to the Conference office or Amigo Centre by November 1. Call if you would like to make other arrangements. 269-651-2811 (ask for Matt or Mandy)
Amigo Scrapbook, Crafting, and Sewing Retreats
Whether you scrapbook, sew, quilt or craft, Amigo invites you to join us for a relaxing weekend filled with good food and fellowship. Come alone or bring friends/family. We provide the space, lodging, food and just the right amount of focused input to allow you time to balance your productivity with time to rest, restore and refresh your body and soul. Our final retreat for 2018 is November 30-December 5. Call or register online! 269-651-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.amigocentre.org
- Amigo has an opening for an Assistant Cook position. We are looking for someone who is excited and able to help in a local ministry. All of our meals are buffet style. We need someone who is independent, confident and willing to go above and beyond for guests. Amigo Centre strives to be a place where people can come to experience God either through Fellowship or through his awesome creation. If you are interested email us at email@example.com call the office at(269)651-2811.
- Amigo Centre is searching for a Guests Services Coordinator. This candidate would represent Amigo to guests as well as being responsible for coordinating guest services and contracts, helping to facilitate meaningful Amigo experiences, and provide support to other departments as assigned. Superior writing expertise, verbal communication proficiency, and relationship-building skills desired. For additional information, contact Sheila Moore, Operations Director 269-651-2811 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date: Winter Youth Retreat is coming in February!
- February 1-3: Peace Camp – Speaker: Steve Wiebe-Johnson
- Scripture: The book of “Luke”
- Description: This additional Winter Youth Retreat comes out of a partnership with Mennonite Central Committee, with the specific focus of community building Bring your ENTIRE (junior youth and senior youth!!) youth group to camp this February and join us in celebrating the beauty of God’s community!
- February 8-10: Junior High – Speaker: Kent Miller
- Title: “Money and Me and You.” Scripture: Luke 16:10-13
- Description: Kent Miller will bring us perspective on how to prepare for our monetary future. Through scripture we will learn about how to honor God with our money and about the true riches God has for us.
- February 15-17: Senior High – Speaker: Tig Intagliata
- Title: “Becoming Friends with God.” Scripture: John 15:15
- Description: Tig will help your students to prepare for the stage of life after high school. His campus ministry expertise will give insight for how to have a true friendship with the creator. Drawing near to God is something we all need to work on.