Credentialing and Leadership Report
April 11, 2017
- Doug Kaufman will install Randy Miller as transitional pastor at Sunnyside Mennonite Church, Elkhart on Sunday, May 21.
- John Powell is leading a May 11 Leadership Summit for Michigan church leaders. Dan will attend. He intends to continue the Michigan gatherings after John’s retirement at the end of June.
- Leadership Enhancement Team (LET) sent all pastors a letter and form for reflecting on their work this year with the “Framework for Pastoral Growth.” LET is also hosting a gathering of congregational coaches on April 18.
- The mid-states conferences (Illinois, Ohio, Central District and Indiana-Michigan) will hold an orientation for conference staff, boards and credentialing groups to the new Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure on May 20. Nancy Kauffmann, denominational minister, will lead this daylong orientation. Mennonite Church Canada and Mennonite Church USA released the policy in November 2016.
- Phil Bontrager and Dan Miller meet with the Journey board twice in April as the board considers long-range planning ideas.
- Transitional Ministry Training is happening at Amigo Centre on April 25-28. Three Indiana-Michigan individuals will be participating.