September 11, 2019
- AMIGO FACILITIES Has it been awhile since your congregation has had a church retreat? Are you considering trying to get one up and running? Give us a call to find out how we can help facilitate your retreat. There is some availability in the latter half of 2019.
- Attention Pastors! Do you need some time away from your busy life? Come walk our trails, go canoeing or sit by a fire. Our rates are $30 for the first night and $25 each additional night. Meals can be added if we have guest groups. We only need a couple of days notice, Give us a call at(269) 651-2811 or shoot us an email at email@example.com to make your reservation.
- Amigo 5K Trail Race: If you’re looking for a trail oriented course, you’ve found your race. This race takes place on the property of Camp Amigo just north of Sturgis. The only running that takes place on the edge of a road is about a 300 foot section. The rest of the run consists of trails, boardwalks and pure wilderness. The KID Fun Run is the first mile of the course. This first mile does not include the section of road. Signup on Amigo Centre’s website or by giving us a call.
- “She is a Tree of Life” is the theme for the Retreat for Women and Girls at Amigo Centre, October 11-13, We look forward to a weekend full of fellowship and learning together, along with an opportunity to retreat from routine distractions. This year we are again inviting young girls (third grade and older) to come with an adult for a fun-filled weekend. We will have activities designed specifically for them. Our speaker is Sabrina Falls from Shalom Mennonite in Indy. Happy is the one who finds wisdom and whoever finds wisdom finds life (Proverbs 3:13, 8:35). Register online, or your congregation should have brochures available. Contact Amigo if you need additional information or brochures.
- Amigo Scrapbook, Crafting, and Sewing Retreats…Whether you scrapbook, sew, quilt or craft, Amigo invites you to join us for a relaxing weekend filled with good food and fellowship. Come alone or bring friends/family. We provide the space, lodging, food and just the right amount of focused input to allow you time to balance your productivity with time to rest, restore and refresh your body and soulCall or register online! 269-651-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.amigocentre.org
***December 3-11 (early and late options along with the weekend)
Save the dates: Winter Youth Retreat
- Senior High Retreat– January 10-12: Katie Misz, Speaker
- Junior High Retreat– February 7-9: Colton Eby, Speaker
- Peace Camp– February 14-16: Saulo Padilla, Speaker
Amigo Road Scholar Programs
If you are over 50 and looking for additional learning experiences, Amigo runs several Road Scholar (formerly Elderhostel) programs. Check out the programs online at www.roadscholar.org. These programs run from Sunday evening through Friday morning. You may commute or stay at Amigo.
Program 20986 – Amish-Mennonite Quilt Series – Carol Honderich is leading the final “Women of the Bible quilt program October 27-November 1.
Program 22518 – Discover Your Family’s Roots – a program doing research in genealogy – with the help of several Amigo staff as well as the staff from the Allen County Genealogy Center in Fort Wayne. This program runs September 29-October 4.
If you have questions, please contact Mandy at Amigo. email@example.com